Wednesday 2 December 2009

Spiralling

Well I started my Baby Blanket before I did my stitch markers and had a bit of a stall reading the pattern. However due to the wonderful deciphering by my knitting mother I finally got past the initial part (which looks a bit off but i forgive myself this time, it's just a tiny bit in the middle that should straighten out with an ironing.

Since then I've been round and round the pattern with very little hassle - it's an extremely simple one when you get going as long as you remember not to be over zealous on the Double crochet stitches hehe.. I had to frog a round already because I noticed I was missing one of the chain parts. I think that, though, is a credit to how easy the pattern is to get into ^_-

My bubs isn't too impressed though that I've been doing it when he's fallen asleep on me (all I need is a free right hand huzzah!) and he gets jiggled occasionally as I try to unravel more of the skein. Poor guy.

Anyhoo, i've done a good 8 rounds by now and although it seems a bit dome shaped now I'm assured that it's nothing a steam iron can't fix in this thing called 'blocking'. I'm pretty sure I can make a really funky hat from it as it is next time. I'm going to keep that in mind.

Told the sister in law I'm making a blanket so now I'm totally committed to the project and can't shirk out of it haha, not that I thought I might.

Now to develop my ability to watch House and crochet at the same time...

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I am just catching up with email and blogs and saw this.... so sorry, I had intended to send you some help for the center and I have been so ill it utterly slipped out of my mind, do forgive me, I'm glad that your mother helped you out, looking forward to seeing your blanket done.

    ReplyDelete