Friday 25 June 2010

A long Hiatus


So it's been a while since an update. Not entirely wasted time either, I got a part time job in the past month cleaning at a local school, it's been my little boy's 1 year old birthday and, worst of all, we unpacked our XBox 360 from our shipment from Aussie.

So there you go, I have been away chasing around my little boy and playing xbox.. but most importantly I've been working on the spiral baby blanket too.

My first one failed, it was a wonderful mossy green colour but I had forgotten that the US and the UK had different stitches under the same name. So I was using a UK stitch pattern with the US| stitches. It came out oddly dome shaped however it's now a little shopping bag for messages that sits at the door :)

So attempt number two, I used a lovely cream aran wool i had laying around from my mum's jumper knitting. I frogged out the little granny square my mum showed me how to start and started the spiral again.. with the correct stitch this time.

After a while I admit i was getting a bit impatient for the spiral to be big enough. probably after all that time on the first spiral didn't help. So I made it a good size and then switched to a baby blue colour to try to make it into a rectangle. It turned out really well considering I'd never done anything like it. sure one end is thinner than the other and there's a couple mistakes and it's certainly not got any proper counting in it once I went to blue. However! It's home made, hand made and I'm rather proud of the blanket. Hopefully my sister-in-law will like it and it'll get loved.

Will post a picture shortly. Just need to write some washing instructions for it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment